What do you capitalize? Place capital letters in the sentences below, where you think they belong, then record your choices in Your Style Manual.
- i now have a pet frog named ribette.
- she came from around steilacoom pond, although i cannot see her.
- when i drive to the safeway or the post office, i cannot take her with me.
- i often wonder if frogs, like ribette, sneeze, or do i imagine i hear it?
- Send ribette a greeting during national leap year, something like, “‘ribet, ribet,’ my dear ribette, happy leap year.”
Val’s Answers to Grammar Quiz #88
1. I now have a pet frog named Ribette.
2. She came from around Steilacoom Pond, although I cannot see her.
3. When I drive to the Safeway or the Post Office, I cannot take her with me.
4. I often wonder if frogs, like Ribette, sneeze, or do I imagine I hear it?
5. Send Ribette a greeting during National Leap Year, something like, “‘Ribet, ribet,’ my dear Ribette, Happy Leap Year.”