speak to the Mind.
speaks to the Soul.
combines the two
to provide wholeness to
Written Language adds even more pizzaz, and that’s what this website is about. Perhaps you’ll find ways to ground the Wordy Mind and ways to enhance the intensity of your Musical Soul.
W E L C O M E
Please poke around… there’s lots to see. Browse on your own path or take shortcuts to your favorite sites:
- Take a Grammar Quiz…
- Read my latest head trips…
- Keep up with what’s going on…
- Find out how I can help you get your book published…
- Then contact me for a free sample of my work (with written critique)…
The One-Sentence Story Challenge
TOO LATE for submitting stories for the current (2017) anthology of one-sentence stories, but don’t despair. Because of the great response for this book, there may be another one next year. You will be amazed at the variety of writing styles and equally astonished at the variety of stories when you read One-Sentence Stories — An Anthology of Stories Told in Single Sentences (to be published in April 2017). What an amazing way to express creativity and have fun as well as enjoy the relaxing effects of word-doodling. So keep writing those single sentence stories (between 100 and 2000 words) and submit them to Muddy Puddle Press for publication in One Sentence Stories, Book #2 , where it will be included in the next anthology. It’s FREE!
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Muddy Puddle Press is seeking submissions from writers of one-sentence stories. Guidelines are minimal; all stories will be vetted and softly edited to ensure they are followed.
- Submissions are to be more than 100 words and fewer than 2000. Limit three (3) submissions per author.
- Each must tell a story. Choose your topic — fact/fiction, serious, sad, happy, frivolous, witty, nostalgic….
- Do not use periods or semi-colons.
- Do not use excessive dashes.
- Do not use vulgar or crude language. (An occasional “drat” or even “damn” may be acceptable.)
- Rights to each story will remain with the author, who will have permission to re-publish their story. Authors may request permission to re-publish stories of other authors.
- The book will be copyrighted by Muddy Puddle Press, with royalties going to the publisher. Royalties exceeding $5000 will be shared with the authors.
- Each author of an accepted story will receive a complimentary copy of the book.
- Authors will have the right to buy extra copies of the book at an author discount.
- Submit stories to email@example.com, along with a brief bio (50-60 words).
- Deadline to be set in 2018.
Many have referred to this as a democratic exercise of team work. Do you know how to construct sentences? Will you dare to reject Teacher’s advice about run-on sentences? Can you fine-tune your story to follow the guidelines outlined above? Try it! And have fun! You’ll return to the real world relaxed, energized, inspired, and ready to move ahead.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Muddy Puddle Press
P O Box 97124
Lakewood WA 98497
**For a sample story, read “Taxi Dancers” at the Articles Page.
For help with Sentence Structure,
pick up your copy today of my
latest grammar book,
written especially for writers, and
containing cool hints about
the use of modifiers (hint-hint).
The Official Guide
to Language Usage
in the United States