speak to the Mind.
speaks to the Soul.
Ahhh. . .LANGUAGE
combines the two to provide wholeness to
Written Language adds even more pizzaz, and that’s what this website is about. Perhaps you’ll find ways to ground the Wordy Mind and ways to enhance the intensity of your Musical Soul.
W E L C O M E
Please poke around… there’s lots to see. Browse on your own path or take shortcuts to your favorite sites:
- Take a Grammar Quiz…
- Read my latest head trips…
- Keep up with what’s going on…
- Find out how I can help you get your book published…
- Then contact me for a free sample of my work (with written critique)…
One-Sentence Stories. . .
An Anthology of Stories Told in a Single Sentence
YOU too can construct your own sentence! Will you dare to reject Teacher’s advice about a run-on sentence? Can you fine-tune your story to follow the guidelines outlined below? Try it! And surprise yourself! You’ll return to the real world relaxed, energized, inspired, and ready to move ahead. Participate in the upcoming publication of BOOK#3 One-Sentence Stories, to be published in 2019.
Like the original One-Sentence Stories, new writers join professionals to stretch their imaginations and have fun as they enjoy the relaxing effects of word-doodling to create accounts of special moments, beliefs, troubles, achievements, irony, fun, and just plain idiocy! Many refer to this as a democratic exercise of team work.
PICK UP A COPY TODAY of the original
One-Sentence Stories, published in 2017, and BOOK#2 ONe-Sentence Stories (2018)! Be astonished at the variety of writing styles and equally amazed at the variety of tales. (Available at amazon.com and Kindle.com). Then write your own!
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Muddy Puddle Press is seeking submissions from writers for Book#3 One-sentence Stories. Guidelines are minimal; all stories will be vetted and softly edited to ensure they are followed.
- Submissions for Book#3 are to be more than 200 words and fewer than 2000. Limit two (2) submissions per author.
- Each must tell a story. Choose your topic — fact/fiction, serious, sad, happy, frivolous, witty, nostalgic….
- Do not use periods or semi-colons.
- Do not use excessive dashes.
- Do not use vulgar or crude language. (An occasional “drat” or even “damn” may be acceptable.)
- Rights to each story will remain with the author, who will have permission to re-publish their story. Authors may request permission to re-publish stories of other authors.
- The book will be copyrighted by Muddy Puddle Press, with royalties going to the publisher. Royalties exceeding $2000 will be shared with a writer’s organization to encourage writers.
- Each author of an accepted story will receive a complimentary copy of the book.
- Authors will have the right to buy extra copies of the book at an author discount.
- Submit stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief bio (50-60 words).
- Deadline (January 31, 2019). Only submissions dated prior to midnight January 31, 2019, will be accepted.
SEND SUBMISSIONS TO:
Muddy Puddle Press
P O Box 97124
Lakewood WA 98497
**For a sample stories, read “Taxi Dancers” and “The Drugstore on the Corner” at the Articles Page.
**For more ideas check out “The Art of the One Sentence Story”.
For help with Sentence Structure and Word Usage,
pick up your copy today of my
latest grammar book,
written especially for writers, and
containing cool hints about
the use of modifiers (hint-hint)
and punctuation (another hint).
The Official Guide
to Language Usage
in the United States